Why do you need a Verizon iPhone, when the iPhone has already been available all across the United States via AT&T since 2007? Here are the top things you could do with a Verizon iPhone that you can’t do with an AT&T iPhone:
1. Make a phone call if you’re in an area where Verizon gets a signal and AT&T doesn’t.
2. Avoid the ignominy of having to publicly admit that you’re an AT&T customer.
3. Pretend that your carrier is actually the 1990′s band Vertical Horizon.
4. Become one of those Verizon users who love to claim that AT&T iPhone users have dropped calls all the time, even though you’ve never seen any evidence of it.
5. Switch to Verizon, realize it sucks nearly as much as AT&T, and then begin a multi-year campaign to try to force Steve Jobs to bring the iPhone to Sprint or T-Mobile instead.
6. Brag about how your carrier doesn’t have an ampersand in its name.
7. Make a phone call if you’re in an area where AT&T gets a signal and Verizon doesn’t – no wait, that’s something they can do and you can’t.