Review: iFrogz Summit Case for the new iPad and iPad 2
April 27, 2012 by Daynah
Love the folio style, but want the slim case protection too? Now you can have both with the iFrogz Summit iPad case. Compatible with both the iPad 2 and the new iPad, this case brings a stylish touch to the familiar folio look.
This case has two layers. The first is the folio part that covers the entire iPad (front and back). This gives the case a polished and professional look, while protecting both sides of the iPad from bumps and scratches. The second layer is on the interior of the case, which is a snap-in polycarbonate core. Just snap your iPad into this part and it holds the iPad securely in place, making slipping and sliding impossible, yet ensuring maximum protection. Not to mention, this part adds a bit of style and pop of color to the boring folio case. You also have access to all ports and buttons, whether the case is closed or opened.
The interior of the case is made of a soft polyethylene vinyl that protects your iPad screen. There’s also a small pocket on the interior front flap for business cards, so no need to carry them in your purse or wallet. This front flap also has a magnetic enclosure, making it simple to open and close, as well as put your iPad in sleep mode when it’s not in use. The interior is a nice gray color with black stitchings around it. Between the snap-on core and the back of the case is a strong velcro holding the iPad in place. If you lift up the iPad and pull the Velcro apart, your case now becomes a horizontal stand, which is a huge plus. There’s three indentations on the interior front cover that you can position the iPad in.
Finally, if you enjoy writing or drawing with your iPad, there’s a loop on top to hold your stylus which is really handy! iFrogz also has a line of stylus to match with the Summit case.
To recap, the iFrogz Summit iPad case most desirable features include:
- The case is compact, yet protects the entire iPad without exposing much of it.
- There are cutouts in the interior core for all ports, so you can access them at all times.
- The front cover has a magnetic enclosure that makes the iPad sleep when closed. This is a nice features because no extra loops or holders are needed to keep the case closed.
- The edges of the case are very clean with no sharp corners.
- Beautiful stitching on the both sides of the case; the exterior stitching is in the same color as the interior core, making a perfect match.
- The case turns into a horizontal stand.
- Looks both professional and stylish!
Overall, the iFrogz Summit is a great choice if you can’t decide between a folio or a case with some personality — it has both! It’s very well-designed and is available in 5 beautiful colors — black, white, blue, pink, and green for $59.99.