The real truth about Barack Obama’s first four years
September 3, 2012 by Beatweek
by Bill Palmer
- According to the conservative Wall Street Journal, Obama has the lowest spending rate of any president since Eisenhower. The story about Obama running up the national debt is a kindergarten level lie, long ago debunked.
- Consumer spending and corporate profits are at their highest in years. Translation: the economy is growing.
- Unemployment is down from 10% to 8% (which any economist will tell you is a forty percent reduction based on full employment parameters).
- The stock market is up five thousand points since Obama took office.
- In other words, Obama’s economic policies have made things better for everyone while getting spending under control. It’s easy to do when you’re not shoving money out the back door of the white house to corporate whores.
- Gas prices are down nineteen percent in the past four years as well…
- Osama Bin Laden, the most dangerous terrorist in the world, is dead as a direct result of Obama’s plan to have the CIA go into Pakistan disguised as red cross workers in order to pin down which village he was hiding in.
- The Iraq war, which republicans botched, was won by Obama and is over. The Afghanistan war, also botched by republicans, is winding down…
- Longtime terrorist Muammar Gaddafi is dead as a direct result of Obama’s decision to have NATO do a few bombing runs, which gave the rebels the advantage they needed, while proving that any third world dictator can be taken out with zero monetary cost and zero deaths in our military. Four years ago, the US was in its most vulnerable position in a century, losing multiple land wars and headed into a depression with new enemies being made daily. Now we’re respected by the right people and feared by two-bit dictators and wannabe terrorists, because they saw what Obama did to Bin Laden and Gaddafi…
- Obama bailed out the auto industry and got every penny repaid with interest; without him GM and Chrysler would no longer exist. Obama bailed out the financial institutions and got every penny of it repaid, then once they paid up he threatened them with criminal charges unless they provided debt relief to millions of struggling homeowners.
- Romney’s entire campaign is based on “Obama is a reckless spender who hasn’t improved the economy and has made our military weaker.” Every word of that is a disproven lie. Republican cheerleaders base their argument on “Obama is secretly a Muslim who was born in Kenya.” every word of that is also a disproven lie. The fact that Obama’s enemies are only able to criticize him with lies means that there are no real major negatives about Obama. If there were, republicans would be using them instead of making up phony ones.
- Obama over Romney is the most obvious choice since George Washington ran unopposed.